Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I heart Barthes

Some of my favorite quotes:

"A photograph is always invisible, it is not it that we see." p.6

"The photograph is vaguely constituted as an object, and the persons who figure there are certainly constituted as persons, but only because of their resemblance to human beings, without any special intentionality. They drift between the shores of perception, between sign and image, without ever approaching either." p. 20

"Photography is not subversive when it frightens but when it thinks." p. 38

"If I like a photograph, it is disturbs me, I linger over it." p. 99

Oh, there's so many, many more!

Because doctored photographs have been introduced...








Hey, at least these altered war images make the viewer think more about what they're seeing...
In any case it seems the good times of doctored war imagery (which has always existed) and photojournalism just might be over!

A Tool to Verify Digital Records, Even as Technology Shifts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.