

He returned to the original bathroom stall and superimposed his own text reading 'let's face it, we're all queer' on top of the original.

The exersice attempted to "uncover the latent homosexuality in the author's written homophobia to generate an alphabet 'code' in which the graffiti artist cannot answer back.
An artist's book exploring the experience of growing up gay in the 1960's in the Midwest. The hand lettered book consists of 7 stacks of text which can be recombined infinitely, yielding any possible number of readings. The results are actually quite humorous and I'm pretty sorry I couldn't get more images than this:
Foucault's Friendship as a Way of Life brought this one to mind, although it's only tangentially related. It's Shawn Wolfe's Live Twice the Life in Half the Time! The caption reads: "Introducin Remover Installer Gold. Makes any lifestyle choice easy to dispense. Represents every detail of your life in full dimension, even when you're away. Direct experience is recorded in real time and automatically vouch-safed Plus: Nostalgia for the Right Now...at no additional cost!"
This candid series of photos by Benjamin Wittner kind of invites the viewer make a connection between sexual and musical predilection in order to promote an underground club in Fuerth, Bavaria. It made me think about spatiality and its relation to erotics.
I had seen this postcard before so I searched for more of his images, which are coming in the next post...




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.